Saturday, June 29, 2013

Back in Tokyo


Finally got my ride on a Shinkansen (the Bullet Train). It fells pretty much like any other train, you are just moving fast. Maki advised me to get a window seat on the left side so I could see Mt. Fuji. I did, but I didn't see Fuji. If I saw Fuji, I didn't recognize it. I did fall asleep a couple of times; that might explain it. So I have been here almost three months and haven't seen Mt. Fuji. Maybe that is not acceptable; maybe I'll have to do something about it. 









This is Mark Rappaport and his wife Michiyo Yagi. Mark organized the concert I am playing tonight with his wife and drummer Nori Tanaka. We will also probably be joined by a renowned bassist, who doesn't deal with function too much. Amen to that! After our meeting/rehearsal, Mark and I went to a French/Basque restaurant that specializes in pork. Blessed be the pig.






Consultation. 


Warm jellied head meat.

"Graisseseron de porc." Neck bone meat pate.

Another pate.

Breaded trotter with French mustard. Mine.
The trotter split.

Pork leg confit.



Nougat.



1 comment: