Saturday, July 13, 2013

Trial-run and unexpected wish fulfillment.

Did a trial-run to get to Tokyo Station and find the Narita Express platform. I also needed to reserve my seat. The upshot of it is that I am going to take a cab to Tokyo Station when I leave tomorrow. I just don't want to be dealing with the horn and whatever else I have in the subways. Especially in Azabu-juban station. You are walking forever in that place, all for only two subway lines. Also, Monday is the national holiday Marine Day. No telling what will be going on in those subways.







Then I headed back to the the Asahi Beer Hall area because there seemed to be exciting things afoot around there that I didn't have time to deal with when I was there on a mission. Walking only a few yards, I saw that I could take a river cruise. I had given up on the idea of a river cruise. I had gone checked-out a couple of websites and couldn't make hide nor hair of what was on them. But here I was, with a little time, so I jumped aboard.






My fellow passengers.




An encampment of homeless.









There are lots of these gates. I assume they are for flood control.











You know what they say in Zimbabwe, "Beware the mouse, because he is really a rat."

Just when I was beginning to think that I would get through this trip without being hassled by the cops...

All the podcasts on living in Japan I listened to before coming here had episodes on being hassled by the cops. Sometime recently I was in conversation and the subject of my passport came up. A person was surprised I had it on me. I was surprised he didn't have his on him. I don't remember who it was, but he was a foreigner. I always have my passport on my person when I am in a foreign country. Having it just settles things real quickly. Yesterday in Ueno Station having it settled things real quickly. They could have not stopped there, but they would have needed a good excuse. Not having the passport on me would have been a real good excuse. There is something real wrong about being hassled by cops who are not even half your age.

Politics.

And Echo Park is supposed to have a lily pond?















No comments:

Post a Comment