Monday, May 20, 2013

Okinawa


Cold and raining at the departure from New Chitose Airport (Sapporo); hot and muggy at the arrival at Naha Airport (Okinawa). Very different feel here. People cross the street in the middle of the block whenever the hell they want to. That is different from Tokyo and Sapporo. I'm on a mission and working against the clock, so just photos.

Few of my most visited park while waiting for the airport bus.

Runway - New Chitose Airport. The runway workers wave at the passengers as the plane leaves; the passengers wave back. So did I. When in Rome...

Above the storm clouds.

Part of Japan.

Part of Japan.

A chance to orient yourself (no pun intended).

Part of Japan, more south.

What part of the world is this?

Which country?

Above the Okinawa clouds.

Naha Airport.

Inside Naha Airport.

The way into the city.

A favorite site of travelers in a strange city - the impossibility of taking the train in the wrong direction.

Naha monorail.

My hotel.

For the domestics: my room.

View from my room.

The greet hostesses where I had dinner.

The local beer.

Beans.

Fish and tofu.

Eat your heart out, Carl; pig cartilage for days.

The local ¥100 store.


No comments:

Post a Comment