Sunday, May 5, 2013

Shibusashirazu Orchestra

I  am at Haneda right now. Waiting.  

Craig and Emi.
 
Saturday, after the Cinco de Mayo Festival, I met up with Craig and Emi. They are friends of  one of my Japanese class buddies. Japanese. I spoke more Japanese when I got here than I do now. It was a great night out. They thought I should see the Shibusashirazu Orchestra. They were right; that performance was well worth the ticket price.

The show was in the Ginza district. There is a subway exit that comes up through the Sony building. As with most every train or subway station I've seen here, it is surrounded by streets and alleyways of food stalls, restaurants and small shops. Despite my skewered 5th of May experience in Yoyogi Park, we settled on a Yakitori joint. Much better fare at this place than with the street guy. Then it was off to see the show.

Misbehaving in front of some French characters.
Streets of Ginza.

The joint.

Variety meats: chicken hearts and tongue (beef?)

Ground chicken balls, variety meats: pig liver.

Eggplant.
Variety meats:Cow's guts.

Variety meats:more liver & chicken guts.

An explanation/exclamation.

The gathering crowd.

The completed company.

No comments:

Post a Comment