Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Got'ta Catch Up...


which is what I need to do. So, a lot of photos, not much commentary. I am sure most of you prefer that  anyway.
A gaggle of kids.

They keep coming.

There's more!

Finally.

No, not finished yet.

In Tokyo, I wondered what the dividing line with the raised ridges was for. Was it to control opposing foot traffic, which it kind of did, but not really. I found out here that it is for the blind. It gives them something to guide their canes by.

The subways in Sapporo use rubber tires.

A little over the top even for plastic food.

I see almost as many musicians on the street here as I did in Tokyo. The strange thing about Tokyo was that I saw far more trombonist than any other instrument. That is very strange.

Not a trombonist.

A street car named "Desire."

What "Desire," is really all about.

Christmas is everyday, Christmas is in your heart.

It is happening. I think I will miss the full-blooming, but I am getting some of it.

My first ramen in Sapporo. Very tasty.

Sapporo Tower.

Here is that guy again. A delivery man insisted that I have my picture taken with it.
Shrine? (not the Shrine shrine) in Maruyama Koen.
All those shots are from May 10. I walked about 10 miles that day. I bought these the next day. Fiddleheads. I had never heard of them, but I have been given to understand, on very good authority, that they can be had in the U.S. You just have to know the season and have your sources. I was told they taste kind of like artichokes. I was reminded more of chard. 

2 comments:

  1. Greetings from sunny SoCal, Roper. Fwiw, I enjoy both the photos AND your inscribed observations, witty and otherwise. Thanks for taking the time to do both. :) -- Ray

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are enjoying it, Ray. There is more to come, plus film at 11:00. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete