Sunday, May 12, 2013

Back to Mokomanai Park (and Kawasaki City).




That park with the bears and snakes…Seb said that the plank trail ends at a beautiful lake. Or begins. It is astounding what a short walk it is from the house. Two days later, I took the long way 'round again. I wanted to see if anything had changed. I also need the exercise. I went a lot earlier because I was not going to get caught out. 

The park is Mokomanai Koen. It was the site of many venues of the Sapporo Winter Olympics. I think I was on the road to the ice arena before I turned back, then got side-tracked by my bladder. I will have to go back at least once again and take that trail in the other direction. But here are a few shots from the second trip:

You remember that mystery plant on the menu of the Kawasaki City dinner?
Not the egg yolk, the tempura in the background!
I am now almost certain that it is this plant that is everywhere around here. Not just in the park, but everywhere in the city.  I have seen them in the markets. They eat the buds when they are young and the stalks when they are old.
I have been told the name, but I forget. 
Remember the field with the 'shrooms?
Dems be dun gone!

A view from the planks.

The planks are finished.
The lake.

Shrines everywhere.
There was no one around...
...so I took a look inside.

He is peaceful.
The lake.
These guys didn't seem to understand what a tasty meal they would make and how easy they were making their capture.


Well, maybe he is starting to get it.
Saw this on the way back. It is dark, but it looks a lot like a morel to me. I let it lie.
Next time, in the other direction: 3.8, 7.2 or 8.2.


I want to say at this point that I can't imagine blogspot.com's photo upload function being any more difficult or frustrating than it is. I have tried two browsers, I will try a third, but give me break - they need to do something about it.





2 comments: