Friday, May 3, 2013

Haneda et al.

My first reconnoitre trip to Haneda Airport was so traumatic that I felt compelled to do another the next morning. I have it all down now. It takes an hour and thirty-six minutes to get from my door to the baggage delivery service pick-up counter; that's if I get the express monorail. I would miss my plane for sure if I didn't make these trips. The photos that follow are just some city scenes from the two monorail trips.

One of those graveyards.

I haven't dealt with the port aspect of Tokyo yet.


Another monorail.

It was a very overcast day for that first trip.
The pig curry I treated myself to after the stress of that first trip. You probably guessed that it wasn't enough food. I had to go someplace else - 7/11.
Shots from the second trip (the other side of the car):

Heading into the International Terminal.

Now back towards the city.


When I return to Tokyo at the end of June I want to take a river taxi, which this is not (I don't think).



Lots of construction all around the city.
Some bonus shots from outside of Shinjuku Station during rush hour...



Lots of people.


Always traffic cops, wherever you go. Pretty fancy motorcycle.

A slow-moving bullet train.
Now a real added bonus - a residential toilet. The water used to fill-up the tank can also be used to wash your hands. Good idea, unless you want hot water to wash your hands. You can see the buttons on the side arm rest of the toilet. This one has a modest amount of them.


Now I am off to catch an hour or two of the Cinco de Mayo Festival in Yoyogi Park. I figure that can't help but be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment