Friday, May 17, 2013

Show Biz (Film at 11:00)


On Sunday I decided to walk from the house to Sapporo Station. I guessed it would be about ten miles. At finish the pedometer had a little over ten miles. It was fun, but I won't pretend that I wasn't beat. On the way, I stopped at Kitara Sapporo Concert Hall to purchase my ticket for the Bruckner 7 performance. They brought out an English speaker to sell me the ticket. After purchasing, I asked her if it was a good hall? She smiled demurely and said, "Yes, very good." Then I asked if the orchestra was good? Another smile, "We're rather proud of it." Now "Thud," tells me (and he would know) that it is one of the best halls on the planet. No wonder she was smiling. She was probably trying to figure which turnip truck I fell off of.


I had tons of trouble with blogspot in trying to get the video up. I am trying something else. Hopefully it works. I have read some forums about the issue and have learned that I am not alone. Good to know, I'll follow the advice on there.

What you'll have (should it work) are five videos from the Ainu Museum performance. Again, you'll get that big, obnoxious watermark because I haven't decided to buy the software. You'll have to live with it.

I am almost up to date on the posts. Only a couple days of stuff interesting enough to post. I am close to leaving on real road warrior portion of this trip and I don't want to be in arrears when I leave for the airport on Monday morning.

Okay, that is not working either. Here is what I am going to do: I post the links. Take the links, watch the videos. At some point I am going to edit these links out. I have issues. In other words, don't take to long to watch them. Probably I'll keep the links up until I get back home.

Dance 1

Dance 2

Dance 3

Mouth Harp

Lute

Oh, and I think I spelled "Shiraoi," in the credits on a couple of them. Spell-check thinks it wrong even when it is right.

Hope the links work. If not, I wash my hands of  the whole affair.

2 comments:

  1. Cool vids. I esp like the lute tune, tho your harp and lute links above are reverse labeled. Thanks for going thru the hassle of posting these. Very interesting and fun to see/hear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Working too late. The links should be correct now.

    ReplyDelete